ENGL 140 - Academic Honesty Unit
After you have read the article title, "For Some International Students, 'Plagiarism' is a Foreign Word," answer the questions. You can enter the URL into Lingro and choose a language to use an online dictionary. Read the article and post your answers by Thursday, April 27th at 11:59 pm
· Read other students’ answers and respond to two answers by Monday, May 1st at 11:59 pm
1. Do you feel what Amro did was wrong? Explain.
2. Was plagiarism a word you knew before coming to the U.S.? Explain.
3. What do you think about the punishments for plagiarism? Do they seem appropriate? Explain.
4. How is plagiarism regarded in your country's education system? Explain.
5. What reasons might compel a student to plagiarize? Have you experienced the pressures? Explain.
6. What more can a university do to help students understand the expectations of plagiarism?